May 24, 2010

The Irregular Blather May 24, 1931

No Journal was published Sunday, May 24, 1931.

Not much time to blather today due to some work related stuff. Some administrative notes:

First, I apologize for the feed not working since Apr. 22 - this appears to be an intermittent issue with the feed system, and I haven't yet found a way to get it working short of moving to a new host. However, I'll do another search on the problem ...

Second, someone going by the handle zstate wrote the following comment on May 17:

I recently acquired several bound volumes of two different governmental/political newspapers from 1926 to 1934 & 1938. Both were printed in Washington and are absolutely chalked full of everything pertaining to the political and economic happenings of those times. One is called “The United States Daily” and the other, “The United States News.” They are incredible “meat and potatoes” resource tools. I’m not an expert, but I would venture to say that the majority of the collection is in fine condition. If you or any of your readers are interested in acquiring the collection, I can be contacted at zachstate@yahoo.com History certainly has a way of repeating itself – keep up the good work!

I really shouldn't buy those because I already have so much stuff in my apartment that I'm having a recurring nightmare about winding up like the Collyer brothers. So, if anyone else is interested feel free to use the contact information above to inquire (I don't know the writer, so can't vouch for authenticity or anything like that).

Finally I know I've said this before, but I really am going to have to cut down on the blog somewhat due to some other projects - I'll try and keep the interesting/fun stuff but cut some of the boring stuff ...


2 comments:

  1. I think maybe the feed isn't working because the blog has reached some kind of space limit for atom feeds? Maybe you can set the feed to only include a short preview of each post. Most of the posts are quite substantial and there are over 350 of them, so space could be the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find you know about the RSS feed issue now. I guess those of us who use a RSS reader can simply go to the site, but if you're used to reading things all in one place, you tend to forget to do so.

    Hope you do find a fix for the feed issue.

    Please keep up the good work. There's nothing like this anywhere else that I am aware of.

    ReplyDelete